Friday, September 11, 2009

That guy

As many of you know, I have been currently attending college since being laid-off last December. I vaguely remember attending from '88 to '90 but I got most of my GE stuff done so I must have been doing something. What I really don't remember is the amount of stupid people there are that go to college. Granted I'm speaking about community college, but it's still college!

In every one of my classes so far has been "that guy." The one who has nothing to add to the discussion and pretty much just likes to hear the sound of his or her own voice. They usually start by pretending to ask a question, but instead just start telling a story that goes nowhere and usually gives the professor no opportunity to stop them and go on with the lecture. Every time "that guy" opens their mouth you can hear the collective groan of everyone in the classroom.

What I want to know is where did "that guy" come from? I don't remember him back in high school or in my early days of college.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you run into him daily everywhere you've worked? I have. He gets around. (OK, stop pointing at me!)

    ReplyDelete