Sunday, August 22, 2010

Holy Crap a New Post!!!

I suppose if I just start writing, something will come out. Hmmm…

I’ve been working at Hillside Village Child Development Center for two weeks now and it seems to be going well. I’m not getting paid shit, but I have to think of it as a paid internship. Also, it qualifies me for credit in my work experience class so I can get my degree in Nutrition.

The job isn’t difficult at all, and it’s kind of cool to be doing something that I feel I’ve been training to do for the last 20 years. I am the lead cook and nutrition advisor for the preschool. Perfect! Nutrition and cooking have been passions of mine for the last, well, 20 years. I don’t have a budget which means I can cook with whatever fresh, organic, and quality ingredients I want. Honestly though, I’m still getting my legs underneath me as far as getting my workspace organized and cleaned. The site director was the cook for the last month or so before I arrived and she didn’t clean a thing! Other than that, it’s a cool job.
Bonus! Zenden can go too! Karen only wants to start him two days a week. I would prefer he goes three. Whatever, some is better than none.

Z just got up from his nap, so I’m gonna go now.

1 comment:

  1. Thought something was wrong with my system when your blog showed up near the top of my list. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete